Monday, April 13, 2015

Yup, Im in the right church 3-23-15


What’s up everybody!
My week was pretty rad! Lots of good things going on.

So first off I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Green serving in the Carlsbad YSA. He is from Chandler Arizona so we were able to talk about everyone and everything back in the valley and stuff. It made me nostalgic. We were able to teach one of their investigators named Andrew about prayer and the Book of Mormon. He is a cool guy, super chill surfer kid. Then I was able to do my first baptismal interview for one of the sister’s investigators named Chris. It was pretty cool, I’ve never interviewed someone before. It was awesome to see how sincere and heartfelt he was about his decision to be baptized and to hear the story of how he gained his testimony. Pretty amazing. Then we taught a guy named Nester. He is a boxer, he was actually training in his front yard when we showed up. We were able to teach him about the restoration and set a baptismal date with him. He is super stoked to get baptized. It was funny when we explained to him how the Book of Mormon came to be. He said "No way.. THAT’S FREAKING LEGIT hahahah".
Elder Bringhurst got a call from President Kendrick on Thursday telling him that he will be the new district leader of the Oceanside District. I’m super excited for him, having a responsibility like this will help him grow a ton. So his new assignment means that I will be leaving. I’m kind of bummed because I’ve only been in Carlsbad for 3 months, and I’ve only been with E. Bringhurst for 1 transfer. I got gypped man! SO I will let you know if my assignment as a district leader changes, where I go, and who my next companion will be next week. Wish me luck! (Pray that they don’t make me a Zone Leader! haha) Elder Bringhurst had to go to Vista for the district leader training meeting so me and another missionary got to do office work for a few hours cleaning out the mission sheds full of bikes and furniture and hauling crap to Goodwill. Fun stuff.

What else happened this week that’s worth sharing? We were able to have lunch with Candy, an investigator from my first area in Fallbrook. She always bakes us bomb rocky road brownies so I was stoked about that. haha.
Oh man, E. Bringhurst, me and two other elders got invited to another church on Wednesday called the Potters House. Holy crap! It confirmed my testimony that I am in the right place. hahaha. I won’t get into too much detail, but people were speaking in tongues, yelling prayers and praises at the top of their lungs, preaching hellfire and damnation, and man. It was crazy. It was hard to not bust out laughing during some points because it was so ridiculous, I felt pretty bad. haha.

So lately I’ve been feeling pretty distanced from God.. I don’t really know why and it’s been bugging the heck out of me. I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately.. Life and the future and everything. I was saying my prayers the other night and I was sitting there just thinking to myself, alright God, Where are you man. Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning, He's been there all along. He always has. John 14:18 “I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." DC 88:63 "draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you." "God's love is there for you whether you feel that you deserve love or, it simply is always there - P. Monson" Never forget that.
I love you all,

-Elder Daniel
-Elder Bringhurst knows the guy who owns this truck, he bashed with him when he was a greeny, haha.

- The Oceanside district, everyone rockin the stone face. Except E. Cowan

​                                         - Exchanges with Elder Green, from Chandler AZ!
-Oh ya know, just.. ironing.. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment