Thursday, March 26, 2015

Still truckn in Oside... 3-2-15


Oh man, I miss the snow. I wouldn’t mind it right about now.. I’m saying this as I am two minutes away from the coast. I will probably eat my words when I get back and start saying I miss SoCal.. I bet the kids are pretty stoked they get to play in it and sleep in for the whole week pretty much. Everything shuts down when they get a few inches.

This week we were able to meet with Omega, Anaid, and Myra. We had awesome lessons with all of them, the only thing is not one of them came to church this week, so we are going to have to push all their dates back. Sometimes I feel like I’m a babysitter or an elementary school teacher. Were constantly, persistently, working with these guys and committing them to do very simple things, but they just don’t do it. And then you have to start all over again and make things very clear and simple so they can understand what you’re asking them to do and so they remember.

I’ve learned so much over the past few months since I was called to be a district leader. Most of my mission I dreaded the day that I would ever be called into leadership, you know me and my personality. I never thought that I would be called, but I was sorely proven wrong. It’s a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father truly qualifies and sustains who he calls, even if they are weak. There is a scripture in DC 133:59 that states this principle very clearly.

"And by the weak things of the earth the Lord shall thrash the nations by the power of his Spirit." I’m doing things I never fathomed or thought I could ever do or ever would do. It is absolutely amazing to me what the Lord can do if you put you trust in Him and heed the call when He needs you to act.

Love you all,
-Elder Daniel


Cool plaza at the Oceanside Library

​- Repp'n Bama in SoCal

-Exchanges with E. Burandt (4th week in the mission field)

No comments:

Post a Comment