Thursday, February 26, 2015

Changes and stuff.. 2-23-15


What?! Rich went to the San Diego Temple!!! That’s awesome I was just there a few weeks ago! It is hands down my all-time favorite temple, no other temple compares. It’s the most beautiful place on the face of the planet.
He should’ve come to the mission office in Vista and said what’s up to President Kendrick or something! haha. That’s so awesome.

Fun fact, the library that we are at today in Oceanside has a view of the Pacific Ocean down the street! Rad!
So this week we had a few changes. A missionary unfortunately went home early last week and so that caused a ripple effect in the mission. About 5 different companionship's were affected by this change and five emergency transfers had to happen. The elders living with elder Brighurst and I got a call Friday morning telling to pack their stuff and be at the mission office at 10 o'clock the next morning. They were both transferred to Temecula. So just like that the Oceanside 2nd Ward was condensed down to only 2 missionaries, Elder Bringhurst and I. It’s been pretty hectic because we cover the whole ward now and we are having to meet everyone that they were working with that we haven’t met before. Kind of crazy, it sucks because it halts the progression of those that they were working with to a degree, but that happens a lot in missionary work and you just have to work with what you got.

To answer your question about my comp. I won’t say anything negative about him I will only dwell on the positive. Although, I will say that he has had a very rough past and he has a pretty lousy family situation going on right now. The way that he copes with things could be better, but we are helping each other to be better, we learn from one another daily. This is the first time on my mission that I have really had to give correction and instruction to another missionary. I thought about it the other day and had an epiphany. Me being with Elder Bringhurst is preparing me and teaching me things that I will use for the rest of my life. I’ll be a father one day, and I’m going to need to know how to lead my family in righteousness, not just watch carelessly as they continue to make wrong choices. It’s very humbling and amazing when passages from your patriarchal blessing start to make sense and come to life. I’ve seen that many times on my mission. District leading has also helped me to know how to multitask effectively while you have an extra load on your back, haha.

We taught Omega again this week. He is so prepared and ready to receive the gospel it’s ridiculous! haha. All we have to do is get him to church and start introducing him to the ward. We taught Anaid on Saturday. She is very eager to learn more and to be baptized, the only thing is that she is dead set on having her dad baptize her. The only problem with that is that he lives in Utah, was recently baptized himself and doesn’t have the Priesthood yet. So we will continue to troubleshoot. We met with Myra on Wednesday. Her only concerns are coming to church and her family. She is in her early twenties, has two sons, and is currently going through a custody battle with her ex-boyfriend. So she is busy and stressed a lot. We’re trying to help her as much as we can. We picked up a new investigator last week too, his name is Gilbert, he is a middle aged Hispanic man who is Catholic but willing to learn more.
You guys are probably already doing it, but can I ask you to pray for the people that we are working with? As well as for me and my companion, especially Elder Bringhurst. That would help out a lot.

My current zone leader and one of my previous companions told all of us in the zone a quote that is from a picture hanging up back in his ranch in Wyoming. It says “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. Times are tough, but you can’t move mountains sitting on your backside feeling sorry for yourself. Sometimes you can’t control your circumstances or the trials that will come into your life, all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
I love you all more than anything

-Elder Daniel
                                                               E. Bringhurst and I

No comments:

Post a Comment