Monday, May 19, 2014

4-21-14


How's it going my awesome family and friends!!!
Lizzie that is so awesome! Isn’t the temple amazing! It is the closest thing to heaven we can get to here on earth. Doing work there makes you feel like a million bucks. There is no greater joy you can feel than within the walls of the temple. Ant, you will be able to come to work with us doing room additions and remodels when I get back with the skills that you’re learning.
This week has been a good one. Elder Ballard can to our mission as well as Elder Maynes of the presidency of the Seventy and Elder Saban from the area presidency. I learned so much about how I can be a more successful missionary. It was a very revelatory experience for sure. Have I ever told you the Apostles look so much older in person? haha. Elder Ballard was great, there was a lot of anticipation leading up to him coming, but when he was up there talking it almost felt like he was your grandpa or something. He has a great quick sense of humor and is very laid back.
 Some of the things they spoke about struck me very hard. We represent the Savior of the world and the creator of mankind. We have the message that everybody needs. People need to know who they were before this life and where they came from in order to return home. We have only two years here and the rest of our lives to look back on our missions. Utilize the time the Lord has given you. We need to take a step back and realize the importance of the work were engaged in. The field is white already to harvest. We are here to harvest, not just plant. 1 Person can change to course of generations by being brought into the gospel. The secret to missionary work is talking to more people. If you talk to more people you will baptize more people. The best teachers are those who teach simply and clearly. The weak and the simple will have the power to teach kings and rulers.
 It’s funny, we expected this huge new revelatory way to be better missionaries, but they just stressed the basics. That’s what will lead to success is just sticking to the basics. We need to be converted from the tops of our heads to the souls of our feet. If you take care of the Lord's business he will take care of yours.
I wish I had more time to talk. Transfer calls were Saturday and we were informed that Elder Peterson is leaving, so I will have a new companion this Tuesday. I will miss Elder Peterson, he has taught me so much just in the space of a month and a half.

I love you all,
Stay true, stay strong, and look out for each other while I’m away, alright?
-Elder Daniel

How I will miss this Elder..
 
The best district ever!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment