Monday, May 19, 2014

4-14-14


How's it going everyone!!
That’s so cool that Jennifer is in drama, I bet she was a boss in Annie. Alex Boy's cousin is going to Bakersfield? Is it Chandler Boy? I can’t remember his name.

When is Alex leaving by the way? He needs to get out in the field! And yes, holy crap, it will be a year in 2 months... this has been the fastest year of my entire life. It has gone by like a dream. Shoot, with how fast the mission is going I'll be home in no time. That’s so Scary!!!! AHHh. SO I haven’t gotten any specifics on Skyping but I’ll let y’all know as soon as I can so it will be more organized and convenient this time. I’ve heard there are a lot of religious films that have come out, have you guys seen any of them and are they any good? I heard they made one about Noah with Russell Crow.
And according to one of my comps last investigators he said that the world is supposed to end today, so do as much repenting as you can! haha. jk
So not much new this week, Conference was awesome, I think I liked Elder Bednar's talk on the Atonement and Elder Holland's talk on defending the faith the best, I think I told you before but Elder Holland’s was exactly what I needed. So Joey and Esmeralda dropped us last week, it’s a bummer but what can you do. Just keep working hard, that’s it. We’ve been working with a guy named Jordan for a couple weeks now, he's a big Hispanic guy probably in his mid-20s. His hang ups are he doesn’t think that baptism is necessary, he doesn’t see that need for the Book of Mormon, and grace. So we will be trying to defuse those here in the near future and see how much longer we will be working with him. If we keep on going in circles we will probably discontinue stopping by. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, not continuing to run around the same subject and waste the precious time we have left here on our missions. Like I expressed already it goes by way too stink'n fast!! Were also continuing to work with Steve, our awesome 6 foot behemoth of a man recent convert and a lady named Pat who is also a recent convert. Pat has a neat story. She is in her late 70s and she lives in an old folks home in our area. She was baptized about a year ago, but the peculiar thing about Pat is that she only has one leg. She had to have it removed or she would have died due to the disease that she had. So she had to be baptized sitting down in a chair in a pool. We go and visit her and continue to strengthen her knowledge of the gospel and help her with any questions she has. Some other big news that I forgot to mention is that Elder Ballard is coming to our mission this Saturday!! He was the one who spoke about missionary work and following up (that’s how he found his wife, haha). It should be amazingly awesome. I’ll let you know how it goes next week.

Well I have to go.
I love you all so much,
Stay true, stay strong, and look out for one another while I’m away, alright?
I mean it. haha
-Elder Daniel


 
Long day, the work does get tough sometimes, but just gotta keep thrustn in dat sickle, haha
 

Intensely reading the Book of Mormon in Korean

Chill'n at Woodland Village old folks home


 

No comments:

Post a Comment