Monday, November 25, 2013

11-18-13


Hey guys!

How is the weather back down south this time of year? Right now in Murrieta it’s about 78 degrees, it doesn't feel like winter at all! It’s crazy! Never thought I would say this, but I actually miss the cold and the rain. Living in this kind of weather gets old after a while, there's not much variety. It’s just perfect all the stink'n time!

So yesterday during sacrament we found out that our ward mission leader is being released, it was completely unexpected. It’s going to be tough losing him, he was really on top of things and engaged with the work in this area. So were going to be training the new one here very shortly. 

So we stopped by Robert last week and he told us he's going through a very tough time financially. The elders who started teaching him before us left a blessing on him and his home, and he ended up getting a lot of job opportunities and work from it. So he's been pretty busy with work and hasn't been able to meet with us and he’s started to lose the job opportunities that he’s had. He also prayed to have a day off from work and he ended up getting, can you guess? Yes, Sunday. So he's taking these things as a sign that there is something missing and Heavenly Father is trying to tell him something. I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of Robert in the near future. I really think he'll learn to embrace the gospel. He's super friendly and very humble and wants peace and direction in his life, luckily for him we've got all the answers, and more. 

We had our zone training meeting last week and at the end the zone leaders showed the video about how missionary work and the atonement are intertwined. I showed it to you before I left, I don't know if you remember. But anyway, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. That message means so much more and I understand it completely now that I'm in the field. It’s a wonderful feeling to know that I’m apart of the most important work on the earth right now. There's seriously nowhere else I'd rather be. I don’t want to think about what I would be doing or where I would be right now if I didn’t go on a mission. Anyone who is thinking about serving needs to just go out there and do it. Spencer told me before I left all the Lord requires is a willing heart, and it’s so true. That’s all He requires, He will help you along the way and use you as a tool in His hands. There’s no real way to truly feel ready to serve a mission, you'll never feel ready until you’re on that plane flying to the MTC.

 Tomorrow we have our zone conference with Elder Packer. Not the apostle, but one of his close relatives. Should be awesome! I’ll let you know how it goes.

 I love you all, I can’t wait to see you guys and hear your voices! Stay strong, stay true, and look out for each other, alright?

-Elder Daniel

 
(Elder Anderson say hi! He leaves for home at the end of this transfer :( and he wont 
be going back to Alabama because his family moved to Utah, so were making the most of 
his last days as an elder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment