Tuesday, September 17, 2013


 




Que pasa Mi Familia!!

Are the Fellows and the Campbell’s in your ward now? Did I tell you I ran into Kent and Brandon Campbell at the MTC?

I haven’t received the watch back yet. I did receive the sheets, thank you so much! They are no longer holy. I also received the bike tubes, they are amazing!

Don’t get stressed out! Say a prayer if you ever feel overwhelmed, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a missionary, it seriously helps.

Jeffery, Walter, and Dad keep up the good work with church. I know it’s hard and it sucks sometimes to go, but I promise you that you will always feel better than you did after you leave.

Can you tell Jeffery to send me my old skate stickers? They’re in my shoe box with the rest of my old stuff. (Unless he has any lying around)

This week was interesting. We have been meeting with this guy named Omar for a while who has been investigating for almost a year. The thing about Omar is that he doesn’t want to make any commitments, read, pray, go to church, or do anything really, but he still likes meeting with us. So we brought one of our ward missionaries with us, whose name is Jerry. Super cool old man in his 80s who is a convert, is friends with everybody, and is super funny. Anyway we had our first really solid lesson with him in a while, he usually talks our ears off and we never really get a lesson in, but this time we left a huge impact on him. Well probably bring Jerry with us more often, although Jerry likes to hijack lesson sometimes, haha. It’s all good, he a great guy. So hopefully he starts keeping commitments, acting by faith, and seeing the fruits of his labors.

We met with a referral named Lara for the first time last week who is investigating because her daughter is dating someone who is LDS. She is a school teacher so she is very analytical and intellectual. She ended up bashing with the member we brought with us a little bit and that kind of stunk, but she still has questions so were meeting with her later this week. so we'll see how that goes.

Something really random happened Thursday when we went to go pick up our dry cleaning, we ended up talking to the old Asian lady that works there, we couldn’t understand her too much though, she didn’t speak a lot of English. Anyway, she expressed that she was going through a hard time and had some health problems as well. She said she believed in the same Jesus and she asked us for a blessing. She’s not a member, we never met her before, and so I was very surprised that she knew what that was. So she took us to the back of her shop, through the jungle of suits and dresses, she pulled up a chair and I gave her a blessing with the help of Elder Thompson. So that was pretty cool, I felt really good afterward.

I wish I could write more because I have more to say, but I have to go.

I love and miss you guys, I think about you and pray for you all the time.

Stay true and look out for each other, alright?

- Elder Jon Daniel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment