Tuesday, January 6, 2015

12-8-14


Hey what’s up everyone!!!
That’s so cool Elder Lealiiee came back to visit ya! I miss that kid! How is he doing? I’m glad you enjoyed the Christmas card :) That’s sweet that Walter got his truck running again, tell him to fix mine now! haha. I can’t believe I am going to miss Bama and Ohio State!!!!! I’ve been wanting to see them play each other forever! :( Let me know how it goes.

You guys it actually rained this week!!! For three days!! Nothing compared to Bama though. It is so funny here, everyone breaks out their huge rain jackets and coats when it’s only like 70 degrees and sprinkling. Yeah. Nobody knows how to drive in the rain either! There were so many wrecks it was ridiculous. We witnessed a guy hydroplane into the barriers right next to us as we were exiting the freeway. We called 911 and everything to report it, it was pretty crazy.
We had our Christmas party for our ward. It was fun, we did a white elephant thing were you give away a cheap gift and you can trade it and all that fun stuff. Since we have no money we just boxed up some random stuff from our apartment, (a t-rex head and a mini slot machine), and used those as gifts! They worked great actually!! It was also a great missionary opportunity, had quite a few nonmembers there.

We went on exchanges this week with the traveling assistant, Elder Thunell who was actually Elder Fitzpatricks trainer, so that was a cool little reunion for them. I have never served around Elder Thunell before so I didn’t really know what to think of him, but he has turned out to be one of the coolest people I’ve ever met. He gave us some good counsel that changed the way I look at missionary work. He helped us realize that we don’t have much time left here, at all. And that I need to have a sense of urgency every day for the rest of my mission. He helped us realize that we are here to solely help others come unto Christ through baptism that should be our main focus. I guess I lost sight of that for a little while. You kind of grow numb of your leaders telling you what to do, how to do it, and hearing those same things repeated over and over again. I’ve been trying to do the work my way, and by doing so I’ve lost sight of how the Lord wants things done. I had lost sight of where all my efforts should’ve been focused. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve still been doing work out here and helping others come to a knowledge of their Savior and helping them understand and enjoy the blessing of the gospel, but I’ve just spent a lot of my time nourishing instead of sowing and reaping. So I had a wakeup call last week you could say. It’s hard to swallow your pride and change some times, especially as a missionary. haha.
We had an interview with Blake and President Kendrick on Friday. We found out that he will be baptized a lot sooner than January of 2016. If he is clean for a month from any of the vices that he struggles with then he will be eligible for baptism!!! So if all goes as planned we are shooting for next month!! I will probably be transferred by then, but I will be back for the baptism.

Our Ward Mission Leader, Toby Wilson, was released this past Sunday. He has been awesome, one of the best WMLs I’ve had on my mission. And just knowing where he was at the beginning of this year to where he is now has given me so much respect for him. Love that guy, I’m going to miss him.
I love this work. I dread the day I have to leave it behind full time. Until then onward ever onward!!!!!

Love,

-Elder Daniel
 
Christmas Party yeah!!
- Exchanges with Elder Thunell

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment