Tuesday, January 6, 2015

12-1-14


Que Pasa!
I hope y’all had a grand Thanksgiving. Over here we were able to play in the Turkey Bowl. I forgot that it’s been about two years since I had done any kind of intense physical activity like that. For the rest of the week I felt like I had been hit by a semi, haha. Big week for football, everyone I talked to this last week was asking me about the Iron Bowl and the Buckeyes and Michigan. Thanks again for the updates dad, I can’t wait to watch football with you guys again. The only thing I’m missing is a black name tag with Lizzie's rendition of me in the Sims, other than that she’s on point!

So this week was a little slower than usual due to Thanksgiving, but there’s only so much you can do when you’re serving in the US where people have lives and obligations and celebrate holidays out of town.
We had to push Demetrio and Blake’s baptismal dates back. Demetrio is still working with his testimony and we found out Blake is on probation until 2016, so we will have to get an interview with him and President Kendrick set up to see if he is still eligible for baptism. The whole situation kind of sucks, he is ready and wants to be baptized, he wants to change and isn’t the person he used to be. So hopefully we will get that resolved.

We should be picking up some former investigators this week. I was able to get in touch with a kid named A.J. who E. Moolenbeek and I had started teaching back in the summer and we should be meeting with him next week. And we got a text last night from a kid last night named David asking for a blessing. I asked him the last time he had met with the missionaries and he said March. So if all goes as planned we should start teaching both of them again.
I want to share one scripture with you that President Kendrick shared with us at a recent zone conference. It’s in John 9:25. This chapter talks about how Christ healed the blind man and gave him back his sight. The Jews and Pharisees who witnessed the miracle began to murmur and accuse him of being a false prophet, a deceiver and a sinner. Then the man who was healed of his ailment since birth says this in verse 25 " Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that whereas I was blind, now I see."  We can compare this to a number of different things, but I like comparing it to our testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We don’t need to kick at the pricks and murmur about all the demands that being a member of the church requires. Nor do we need to be selectively obedient because some commandments or covenants seen mundane or too hard to follow and have those factors main our testimonies. The requirements for a testimony are simple.  The man who was healed said "all I know is that I was blind and now I can see." He saw and felt that there was something absolute amazing and good about what Christ had offered him. We can all feel that same feeling of peace and goodness that living the gospel brings, and that should be enough.

I cannot believe that the year will be over in a few short weeks and that Christmas is in about three! We need to get Skype figured out since you guys will all be spread out this year. Send me your user names and phone numbers ASAP.
I love you all,

-Elder Daniel
 
The weather as we were driving to the library on December 1st. Sorry guys, haha
-"Dirty Dito" for life!!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment