Monday, November 17, 2014

10-27-14


Helloooooooo Everyone!
That's crazy Britny is getting married! Holy crap! Hope Walter's truck isn't completely dead. Cars suck sometimes. I didn't get my cleats yet, they should be here this weekend. Mission mail is super slow, it usually sits in the office before anyone gets it.
Last week we weren't able to meet with Demitrio, his work schedule is crazy. He works on Camp Pendleton and is out there for most of the week. But tonight we are meeting with him. He told us that he wants to talk about baptism that is something he's interested in doing. So hopefully we will set a date with him tonight!!!!! I’m stoked!!! We picked up a new investigator last week, his name is Miguel, and he was a referral from the Spanish sisters (Hermana’s). We actually had a pass off lesson with the Hermana’s on Wednesday and he wasn't there so, E. Fitzpatrick and I decided to just go street contacting since it was the end of the night and we actually ran into Miguel on the street and taught him there! haha. We should be meeting with him this week to teach him more. We were able to go to Ramona for church on Sunday. All the YSA's in Carlsbad, Murrieta, Escondido, and Vista had a combined camp for the weekend. Our first counselor in the bishopric spoke and one of the things he said stuck out to me. He said, "Life is all about service. That is what we are here on this earth to do is to serve others. Everyone around us. Life happens around us, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much if we haven’t lost ourselves in the service of others or kindled relationships that will last." I thought about it, and honestly serving everyone around me all the time hasn't been something that has been my forte. We get distracted and lost with the temporal cares of the world and we also become selfish without even realizing it sometimes. So that is something that I want to work on. I want to look back on my life and know that I was a friend that I was genuine with my dealings with everyone around me, and I was a blessing in others’ lives. That’s what brings you true joy, nothing else. It’s the antidote for just about anything.
E. Moolenbeek emailed me and said that he and E. Christiansen have an appointment with Daylon and they are going to start teaching him! Isn’t that freaking awesome!!! I told you he was serving in the Vista 10th ward now right?

I love you all,
Your son, big brother, and friend,

-Elder Daniel
 
- San Diego Temple, the best place on the planet.
- Happy Halloween! (lead singer of Neon Trees tie!)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment