Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7-14-14

How is everyone!!!
 
We had dinner with the Bird family last night. They live in a super nice house overlooking all of the Escondido Valley and into the ocean. Brother Bird is retired from the FBI and was a crisis/hostage negotiator in Mexico, mainly working with the cartels down there. Anyway, he found out I was from Alabama and he told me of one time he was down doing some work in Birmingham. He went to church at one of the branches and he said when the man that got up to say the opening prayer spoke, he could've swore he said " Howdy Heavenly Father.."  But then he realized he just had a really heavy southern drawl, and he actually just said " Ouwuh Deeuh Hayvuhnly Fathhuh.." haha, I thought you might think that was funny. Its cool how many people out here actually know where Huntsville is and who has been to Alabama.

Thank you for the package, I got it last week on Tuesday. I put the banner up in our living room, thanks for making that, its really cool. Thanks for all the cards and candy and money, and ties and shirts, they were all greatly needed. So thank you!!! I hope you get feeling better mom :( Let me know if I can ever do anything for you guys. I guess the assistants to the President, Elder Neal and Elder Finauer, who are serving in Vista have come into contact with Uncle Daylon. I don't really know too much else besides that. Hopefully it leads to something. They don't know that he is my uncle so next time I get the chance to see them I'll let them know.
 
We got transfer calls this Saturday and I will be leaving the Twin Oaks Valley Ward in the San Marcos Zone. I don't know where I'll be headed or who my new comp will be until tomorrow so I'll let y'all know next Monday. 
 
We had somewhat of a busy week. On Tuesday we had our zone training meeting. On Thursday we had our second temple trip of the year to San Diego. It was well needed as well, I feel spiritually energized ten fold. I love the temple, I wish I could work at the one here in SD. Its so beautiful and breathtaking, I need to take you guys there some day. We had three zones scheduled to go on that day too so there was a pile of missionaries there! Our mission president went with us too, which was really really cool.
 
We had the sisters baptism for their investigator Angie, the Filipino lady I told you about last week. It was awesome, it was probably one of the most spiritual experiences I've had on my mission so far. Right before the ordinance her three little granddaughters got up and sang 'families can be together forever'. It was just a couple of little girls singing, but it was so powerful. When we both got into the water and I raised my hand to the square, out of nowhere emotions just came flooding over me. It was kind of hard to speak at some points during the prayer, but I soldiered through it. I don't know why, I've only met Angie a few times I didn't know her very well, but I knew that Heavenly Father was so happy that one of His children was back in the fold and that He had been waiting for that day for a long time. There is a bit of a language and culture barrier between her and the missionaries, but we know without a doubt that she felt the spirit. When she came out of the water and after we confirmed her yesterday she was in tears. I'm really happy I was able to be apart of that with her. 
 
Well I love you all,
stay strong, stay true, and look out for one another while I'm away, alright? Ya hear!? ha ha
your son, friend, and big brother,
-Elder Daniel
 
 
Thanks for the sparkling grape juice, it was very good.. haha

San Diego Temple Trip

                                                The sisters and the Medoza/Cid family

Angie Mendoza
 

No comments:

Post a Comment