Sunday, May 18, 2014

4-1-14


Hello Everyone!!

So today I was going to send you something like I broke my arm in rush hour traffic under the freeway and I was coming home or something, but being the missionary that I am I thought that would be a foolish idea, and I don’t want to cry wolf and jinx myself.
I got your packages mom, the pants fit awesome and Anthony, thanks for the Darth Vader chocolate man, I ate it all up. I saw the video of the girls getting their wisdom teeth out and everyone in the library looked at me weird for a few seconds when I burst out laughing. It made my day. Sorry for emailing today too, the libraries were closed because of Julio Caesar Chavez day, whoever he is. I can’t believe Andres is coming home, that crazy! He was serving in the Long Beach mission which isn’t too far away from where I’m at, just up the road a little yonder way.

Well I have like no time again so I apologize for the cruddy email.
This week we picked up two new investigators. Their names are Joey and Esmeralda. They are both college kids in their 20s and they are both very interested in the gospel. We taught them the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and answered a lot of their questions, we should be going back by this week. Elder Peterson has a cold and lost his voice at the beginning of the week. His voice would crack whenever he would talk and I couldn’t help myself from laughing but then I started to feel sorry for him. I’ve been praying for him to get better. I’m going to introduce him to the miracle of essential oils here pretty soon. I’ve been thinking a lot about the atonement and how it enables us to become better than we were before. I remembered the quote from Batman where Alfred is talking to Bruce when he feels like he has failed. He says "why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up." and then Bruce says “you still haven’t given you on me?” and Alfred says "never". It’s amazing the transformation the atonement can make in our lives and how I’ve seen it firsthand here on my mission.

Well I’ve got to go, when you guys watch general conference watch it with a question in mind so that you can receive personal revelation for the things on your mind.

I love you all,
Stay strong, stay true, and look out for one another while I’m away, alright?
-Elder Daniel
 Thank Tony


 District Meeting



No comments:

Post a Comment