Monday, March 24, 2014

3-10-14


Hello Everybody!!!
Dad, I’m glad to hear y’all got the package, I hope the shirts fit. I hope work gets steady and everything works out with. I can’t believe Walter has his license... tell him to wear his seat belt. How is his truck running? Is the monster truck show his first day on the job at the VBC? Tell him to take a dust mask because it’s going to stink with all the exhaust and dirt. Lizzie I love the glasses, you guys make the Usain Bolt look good. Mom, I hope the work on your house goes smoothly and it’s not too stressful.
First thing, I am being transferred and leaving Murrieta after 6 months. I’m going to miss it, it’s really beautiful here and the members in the ward are awesome. I love it here but it’s time for a change of scenery, and companion, haha. I can’t remember if I told you or not, but how transfers work here is on the last week of the transfer on Saturday night you get a call telling you whether or not your leaving, then on Tuesday you pack your bags and you head to the Bobier Stake Center in Vista where everyone and their companion in the mission goes if they are getting transferred. Then you all meet in the chapel, President tells you your companion and your area, and you go from there and get to work. So it keeps it exciting. Next week I'll tell you the details of how that goes.

This week we taught Tayven the Plan of Salvation at the Nash's house. It went great, Brother Nash and Tayven hit it off great talking about baseball. Brother Nash actually helped us out a lot, he brought in this awesome little wooden diagram and used some really cool baseball analogies about how the POS and baseball relate to each other to help Tayven understand better. He talked about how Heavenly Father is the manager and were all trying to make it to the hall of fame and some other stuff, it was really cool. He told us he hasn’t patented that lesson yet so we could use it, haha.
On Wednesday we were in Subway getting some sandwiches and a teenager walked in who looked like he was up to no good. He had studs in both his ears, baggy pants, and he just looked like a punk. He told us while we were in line that he wanted to talk to us outside when we were done. I was expecting the worst, that he wanted to bash or something. When we went outside, I was completely proven wrong, he just needed someone to talk to. He was going through a very hard time. He ran away from his dads place, his brothers are all addicted to drugs, he's had a problem with self-abuse, he is suffering from depression, his girlfriend just broke up with him, and some other things. He told us about everything that he was going through and he didn’t know where to turn, so he just decided to go outside to walk and he saw us and thought he should talk to us. We told him about the love his Heavenly Father has for him, how the Savior can help him with anything in his life that he's going through, that he knows all of his pains and sorrows and that He will lift him up through his struggles. I also told him a little bit about my past and my situation. We invited him to church and he really wants to go, he actually told us that he is a less active, his mom is a member, and he wants to go back. So I hope I did all I could with Sean and I hope that he finds, for himself the light and the joy and the strength that this gospel will bring.                               

I hope all is well, I love you all.
Stay true, stay strong, and look out for each other while I'm away alright?
-Elder Daniel
One of my last times doing service at the Dempkey Ranch, I will miss work'n with the horses.

 
                            Last lesson with Tayven at the Nash's house, gonna miss this kid.

We were pretty chill with the neighborhood kids, I'll miss them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment