Monday, January 27, 2014

1-27-14


Hey guys, how yall' doin!!

First off sorry if I don’t write much, we had to give a blessing and just got done with that so I don’t have too much time. This week has been a good one though. So I am not getting transferred and I will be staying in Murrieta for another 'go round'. So at least another 6 weeks until the middle of March. That means at the end of that I will have been here for 6 months! I have been marooned in Murrieta, haha. It's all good though, I like it here and I love living at the Smedley's, the people, the members, and the mountains. And like I was saying last week, I was scared I was going to leave when all the sparks started to fly here. So I'm staying and things are really starting to pick up. We taught Mindy and Jason again last week, we taught them the Plan of Salvation. Mindy had a ton of questions which was awesome. It’s funny though, Jason helps us out with the lessons a ton helping explain things and helping us teach, but he's not a member. He'll come around I can feel it, he has a testimony, he's just not quite ready to come back just yet, but well guide him. Both of them and all of their kids came to church on Sunday too, which was amazing! So things all looking up there. We also were able to teach Robert our first solid lesson with him about the Restoration. We asked him about baptism and he said that’s something he would definitely love to do, so this Tuesday were going to give him a tour of the church and try to set a date with him there. We received 4 referrals this week and contacted all of them and will be meeting with a few of them next week. Yesterday at church we helped bless the sacrament and one of the priests had to redo the prayer about 10 times, not exaggerating, haha. Anyway at the end of the meeting Bishop Nordstrom got up and told about how redoing the prayer is exactly how the Atonement works. We are imperfect and we knew when we came here we were going to make mistakes and screw up sometimes, pretty bad too, haha. But no matter how many times we mess up we have been given the opportunity to become perfect through our Savior. He paid the price so that we could change, to be happy, to gain strength and control, and to gain a fullness of joy in the presence of our Father in Heaven. I love this quote that I found that talks about the Atonement.

"Time and time again He saves,
Forgiving my mistakes,
Seventy times seven times-
However long it takes."

Stay true, stay strong, and look out for each other while I’m away, alright?
Never forget that you have a Savior who loves you, he is always there for you with open arms ready to receive you, no matter what, and he will give you strength. All you have to do is turn to him, it’s that simple.

I pray for you guys all the time, I love all of you, with my whole heart
-Elder Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment