Monday, November 25, 2013

11-4-13


FAMILY!!!! How are ya!!!

I love hearing about everything that you guys are doing back home! It looks and sounds like Halloween was a blast, I love yall's costumes. Ant, yours was super cool dude!

Looks like Adeline is having the time of her life right now too. I keep forgetting that you’re a teenager! I already mentioned this before, but you guys are growing up way too fast! Slow it down!! haha. I hope everything goes well with what you decide to do with the house. Hey guess what, the youth in my ward are going to the Gilbert Arizona Temple open house for their youth conference, how stink'n cool is that! I wish I could go so badly, at least I was able to see it when I drove Grandma Gwen home in February.

So this week has been pretty sweet. The work is progressing, I can see it and feel it! We were able to meet with Rhiannon this week at a member’s house and we taught her the Restoration. She is progressing a little slower than others, but we’ll continue to work with her. She's not a member, but she goes to mutual every Tuesday, a bunch of her friends are LDS, and she goes to all the dances and youth conferences. She even went to trek. So were going to get her baptized, it’s just a matter of time. We didn't really get to see very many other people, my companion was sick a couple days this week and Halloween was this week also. We have been teaching a lot of the members this week as well.
 
We went on exchanges with the zones leaders this week. I went with Elder Roundy. He really showed me how to plan and the importance of planning. He showed me things I never even thought of before. It’s funny how you think you’re doing amazing, when you’re really not, haha. We also had a ton of fun. It was a great exchange. Learned a lot. The next day after exchanges, I used what he had taught me when we planned for the day and the results were pretty crazy. We don't usually have very many contacts during the day just because of how small our area is and it’s a bedroom community too. But people just kept falling in our laps one after another, we had 23 contacts that day, which doesn't sound like a lot, but for us and our area it’s a ton. So that was one small miracle. It’s cool to see how the Lord places people in your path when you plan and act faithfully.
 
I've also been praying for people to teach, who are seeking for the truth and for healing. On Friday when we were on exchanges we got a call from some elders in another area that there was a lady at the church who wanted to talk to us. So without delay we rode our bikes over there at the speed of light. We got there a little early and we were locked out of the church and she showed up a couple minutes later. Her name was Kim. We got to talking and we found out that she is going through a very hard time psychologically and financially. She's bipolar, has extreme anxiety, and is about to lose her house. As we were talking I just felt so terrible, I wanted to help her so bad. We told her we would get in touch with our bishop. Then the next day we saw her in a restaurant and she mentioned that she might come to church. So on Sunday we looked everywhere for her and couldn't find her. And we just assumed she wasn't there. So we got up and bore our testimonies because it was fast Sunday, and let me tell ya, it’s still scary getting up there even when you’re a missionary, but you feel amazing afterwards. I don't know why but I felt like I should bare my testimony of the book of Mormon so I did. The coolest thing happened after sacrament. We found out that she had shown up a little late and she sat in the back, I felt terrible that she sat by herself because of her anxiety, but we got to talking with her and she said "can I get a copy of that book you were talking about?" and luckily I had three copies in my bag that I have been lugging around this entire transfer because are contacting hasn't been too shabby. So now she has a book of Mormon and a seed has been planted. Another small miracle.

We have transfers on Tuesday. My companion is leaving and I’m staying. I’m gonna miss him. He's got a great work ethic. He's a country boy from Wyoming, so we both can relate to working hard with our hands and getting things done. I hope my new companion is ready to trust in the Lord and work hard, because we’ve got a lot to do. I'll let you guys know how that goes next Monday.

Well I’ve gotta go buy food so I don't starve during the week, haha.

Thank you guys for all your support and love, I can feel your prayers in my life every day.

Stay true and look out for each other alright? :)

 - Elder Daniel
Washington District is the best!

Elder Adams and I from our hike this morning, overlooking Murrieta CA
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment