Monday, August 26, 2013






Mi Familia,

It's so nice to hear from everyone!! AHHh, I miss you guys. Mom I love you, thanks for sending my stuff and the money, you’re awesome. Hey, I used your essential oils you gave me finally. I forgot I had them. An elder we were staying with had this huge rash all down his back and I was like LAVENDAR haha, he's now converted to them. It cleared up his rash pretty much instantly. Dad, I haven’t heard too much from ya. How is work and Webelos going?

Don’t have much time, so let’s get to the meat and potatoes.

We finally moved from the members home to our new apartment on Thursday, (I wish you could feel my joy) It’s super nice and awesome and actually in our area. Oh, and I'm still in Fallbrook with Elder Thompson. I've been getting flat tires like crazy! I forgot out west they had bullheads and stickers. I've had five flat tires this transfer and its only week three....So were walking as of now till I can fix them, again.

Work wise, we haven’t been having much success with finding, so we’ve been stopping my in-actives and fewer actives to bring them back. It's really cool to hear their stories and get to know them and make friendships with these people I've never met. It’s hard to describe, but I have such a love for these people who have fallen away and are searching for solace and comfort. It brings me great peace and fulfillment to know I'm helping them come back unto their savior, who misses them so much.

Yesterday at church I was asked to talk in primary about how prayers are answered. As I was waiting to talk, I was sitting back looking at all the little kids and I remembered when I was in primary. I remembered when the missionaries got up and talked to us in my primary class in Gilbert and I remember thinking “that’s who I want to be one day, when I grow up". And I realized that’s who I have become, I had traded places. There must’ve been a lot of dust in the room or something because my eyes started to well up a little bit, haha. I just love being a missionary.

I found this quote by Monson that I like a lot, helped me when I was struggling with opposition and rejection.

"Dare to be a Mormon,

Dare to stand alone,

Dare to have a purpose firm,

Dare to make it known."

I love you guys. Stay true, don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. And look out for each other while I'm gone, alright.

 -Elder Daniel

1 comment:

  1. i miss you and love reading your letters johnathon! Me and ronnie read 3 chapters in 1Nephi this morning! Miracles do happen ha ha! We love you and keep up the good work elder! love aunt darla. ps. keep cheesin cheek to cheek!

    ReplyDelete