Monday, June 8, 2015

"Laden With Sheaves" 6-8-15


Well I don’t have too much time today, we have to prepare for Zone training Meeting tomorrow, so I’ll get to the cool important stuff.
 Saturday was Diana's baptism (our investigator from Russia). It was amazing. Everything ran smoothly, she was a bit nervous but she didn't get cold feet, thank goodness, haha. It was crazy how many people showed up, it was packed! We had to keep bringing in chairs there were so many people. She was confirmed yesterday in church by one of her friends from work, it was a sweet experience. She was simply invited to church one day by her boss at her job where she works as a CPA, and the rest is history. She is a living example of how by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Just a simple invite by a friend is all it took. I’m so excited for her and the joy that the gospel will bring her the rest of her life.
We re-picked up two new investigators, Steve and Victoria. And guess where Victoria is from? You guessed it, Russia!!! haha. I don't know why, but lately we have been teaching a ton of people from over there. We were able to bring Brett Martinue, a member of the ward who served in Ukraine with us, and he was able to have a cool convo with her in her native language, she was super stoked about that! It was pretty cool. They are a young couple in their mid-20’s. They a very humble and will act truthfully on the answers they receive. They both straight up told us when we asked, "what if the Book of Mormon is true?" they said "well, we will have to join then!" haha. I’m excited to keep working with them this next little bit I have left.
I’m using a racing bike from a member now, so I’m not dying using brother Bogarts bike anymore, which is awesome.
Something I realized last week is that Flossy and L. Tom Perry passed away within a day of each other.. Isn’t that weird? haha. They're both chill'n in paradise, preach’n the gospel.
We went to the temple this last week. It was beautiful as always. I’m glad that we were able to catch it on a sunny day. "May grey" and "June gloom" are upon us right now in So Cal which makes everything all dark and sad because of the marine layer that covers everything. The excitement is still the same every time it comes into view as were driving down the I-5. It’s like the feeling you get when you’re a little kid and you are headed to 6 flags for the first time, hah.

I wish I had more time to talk!
 
I love you all,
-Elder Daniel

-San Diego temple with the Farci Elders!
 
-We don't have the truck, so we cant use Bluetooth anymore when using the phone

-Pacific Ocean view from the Cardiff Building
 
-One of the coolest baptisms of my mission, Diana

-Bogey may eat your food without asking sometimes, but he is a true bro

No comments:

Post a Comment