Monday, October 20, 2014

10-6-14


Hey guys!
Conference was so awesome! I loved every single talk because there is something in every one that will speak to you personally, but Elder Bednar and E. Holland's were probably my favs. Gave me new perspectives on serving others that I haven’t really thought about before. Overall it was a spiritual drop kick to the face with much revelation that was sorely needed. Sister Kendrick gave me Rich's email about the dentist. Do I need to schedule an appointment and is there a co-pay? I’m sure I'll figure it out. I'll find some time to go and get it done. Thanks for doing that for me. I think the last time I got a cleaning was a few months before I left, almost two years ago. Crazy! That’s a bummer that Walter's truck is dead :/ He can use the Ol' Cougar if he wants, tell him to treat her nicely though, hah. Can’t believe Matt is married now. Good for him. It will be a completely new place when I get back.
This week we were able to pick up another new investigator. His name is Demitrio. He's a Hispanic kid in his id 20's with tattoos all up and down his arms. Cool thing about him is he actually called us and set up an appointment. Keep in mind that that never really happens, ever. He has had a troubled past and just wants peace in his life. He wants to leave behind his bad habits and to find new friends. We’ll have we got a resolution for him! Haha. I have a good feeling about this guy.
We were able to help our bishop's father in law with some service moving a lady who lives next to him. A little about Brother Fox, he is a small 86 year old man and he is a cancer survivor. He was told that he had 6 weeks to live, that was 20 years ago. Coincidence that he's still here? We were hucking big pieces of furniture, couches, beds, entertainment centers, you name it. And Brother Fox was helping me move em', just me and him with some pieces. That man has the strength of an Ox! I want to be truck'n like him when I’m his age.
Conference reminded me of a quote from President Monson. He said "Unless we lose ourselves in the service of others, there is little purpose to our own lives."  Don’t be afraid to share what you know to be true, and seek to be a blessing in others’ lives. Pray for opportunities to do so, and they will come, I can promise you that.

Transfers are tomorrow and Moolenbeek is leaving. So I will get a new comp this week. I let you know the details next week. I’m going to miss that guy. He has been one of my favorite companion!

I love you all,
Your son, friend, and big brother,

-Elder Daniel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment