Sunday, August 10, 2014

5-19-14


Hey guys,

Sorry I wasn’t able to email yall last week, my computer completely froze up, there were no others open, and we had to leave, so sorry. A lot of crazy stuff has happened this week. I don’t know if yall heard but we have had some wildfires in southern California and most of them were in our mission. All the missionaries in Fallbrook and parts of Carlsbad, Del Mar, San Marcos, and Escondido were forced to evacuate. Luckily we were safe the whole time, it just missed us but, it was super close. It was surreal walking around and just watching the flames licking over the mountain side. Crazy stuff, I’m only used to tornadoes.

This week I was able to go on exchanges with my MTC companion Elder Mather who is also my zone leader now. He is one of the hardest working, Christ like, fearless, loving, awesome, guys I’ve ever met. Every time I’ve been able to work with him he has taught me so much. He has been the greatest example to me of dedicated service and enjoying the journey. We were also able to have Elder Hansen come to our area for a day. His assignment right now, for his last transfer, is to be a traveling zone leader and work with all the elders in the mission. I’m going to miss that tall guy, he has also taught me so much, and he was one of the first elders I served around when I came out.

We have been working with Al a lot lately. We set a date for him o the 31st of May and he wasn’t too sure about it at first, he wanted to wait a few months. When he told us that I was just sitting there going, "man, I don’t know how we can change his mind, but he's ready now I know it." Right as I was thinking that E. Cowan started talking, I can’t remember exactly what he said, but it was exactly what Al needed. It was no question 100% by the spirit. After that Al just sat there for a long time thinking, and then he said, “I don’t know why I feel so good right now, but I feel like this is right." It was the coolest thing ever. When you get to see the spirit working with someone, when you get to see Heavenly Father first hand working with people and guiding them, it is the greatest feeling ever. We took him to a baptism last night and he is super pumped about his date now. I’m super excited for him. And yesterday a guy named Val, from the Ukraine, randomly showed up at church and wanted to learn more. He stayed all three hours and the ward was super awesome at taking him under their wing. So we may be working with him soon as well.
 
I love the work. I’m so grateful for the decision I made to serve a mission. I can’t imagine my life without it.

I love you all,

Stay true, stay strong, and look out for each other while I’m away, alright?

-Elder Daniel
                                                                                "E"scondido

No comments:

Post a Comment