Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10-15-13


What is up my family!!!!

Walter, that’s awesome dude. Make'n that cash money!!
Hey Dad are you still working with Richard? Him and Donna Kay are planning on serving a mission right?

Mom, I just got back from the San Diego Temple, went to the distribution center and got a few things, so I should be good I think. But I could use a couple more pairs of pants and they changed the dress code so you can get me some that are blue or green or grey or something instead of black. I got the shoes, thank you so much, you’re a life saver mama. My other ones now have holes in them and the soles are falling out of the bottoms.  I'll send a picture of how great of a missionary I've been!

So we went to the temple today. It. was. Amazing!!!!!!!! I can’t describe in words how awesome it was! We went with another companionship, elders Anderson and Adams, and elder Anderson did a baptism for one of his investigators that had passed away, which was super cool. When we got there I was just expecting to do an endowment session, but we ended up doing a bunch of different ordinances. I ended up doing about ten confirmations, recording a baptism and the rest of the confirmations, doing an endowment session, and I got to sit in on a sealing. So I had a bunch of first experiences in the San Diego temple. I don’t think it gets any better than that. And the celestial room.. I think I could live the rest of my life in there and be happy, its like heaven. You guys have to go one day. Its seriously breath taking how beautiful it is in there. 

I went on exchanges with my district leader and his companion. I learned a ton with both of those guys. They showed me that it’s important to be serious about the work, but also have fun while you’re doing it. You have to enjoy the little time you have out here because two years really does go by very fast, I’ve already been out for 4 months and I feel like I just left. But there is a time and a place for everything. Also being excited about the things you teach is very key. Nobody is going to listen to you if you don’t show that you truly believe in that something.

We had a zone training meeting last week and President Kendrick gave us some counsel that really resonated in my heart. He told us that the world is losing the ability to empathize, understanding others feelings and hardships. That’s something that we need to bring back into a world that is growing ever darker. He also talked about the atonement that helped me understand it more than I ever have. He told us "think of the most innocent person you know" I thought of Anthony. he then said " now imagine that person being flogged, carrying a wooden cross on his back, being beaten, tortured, and spit upon, having nails driven through his hands, and suffering so much pain it's unimaginable, all because of the things you’ve done wrong in this life, and more importantly, all because that person loves you." The image that formed in my mind was almost unbearable. He gave another example. He said “imagine you run over a child in your car, involuntary man slaughter, and you go to court. You can easily be sentenced up to 25 years, but the judge volunteers to take your place and do the time for you, because he loves you." Think about that for a second. There is nothing more powerful, more majestic or wonderful, than the love of our savior and what he did for us. We can always turn to him when we are in need. If we need help or healing, because he has paid the price for us and he loves us and he wants us to come back to him. I'm filled with joy that I have the privilege to share this with others.

 I remember being in sacrament meeting one Sunday back when we were in Madison 2nd ward and Bishop Zitting asked me to bare my testimony on the spot, out of nowhere. I was obviously terrified, and that’s one of the main reasons I remember it. haha. But I remember saying “I know that missionary work is an honor and a privilege." At the time I had no idea what I meant when I said that. I think I just said it because everyone else said it. Since coming out on my mission I truly understand now what that statement meant. No matter whom you are, you only get to be a full time missionary like this once and devote all your time and effort to serve the Lord. This is the Lord's work, and I am so happy I decided to serve and be a part of it. And what a wonderful time it is to be a missionary. 
You guys. Ya’ll.

I want you to know that I love ya so much Seriously. I pray for each of you every day

Stay true, and watch out for each other while I'm gone, okay?
-Elder Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment